Sunday, March 6, 2011

Field Experience: Day 02

Monday, February 28, 2011

Today I learned that the teacher I am working was my best friend's teacher when we were in first/second grade, as well as many of my other graduating class. This started my morning out great, feeling like I somehow knew his a little better, and did not have to be so nervous. After morning announcements, I worked with two separate groups on make-up spelling tests and summer school math request tests. These two groups took up a large portion of my morning. With the last half hour, I worked with individual students on their reading. The students would read a story as I timed to see how far they were able to get. We would read through it together after the first timing, and then they would read again and see if they could get farther. It was really rewarding watching each of the students as they would get farther and farther. They were so proud of themselves when they saw their own improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment