Monday, January 24, 2011

Best Careers 2011: Special-Education Teacher - US News and World Report

Best Careers 2011: Special-Education Teacher - US News and World Report

Not only did I find this article interesting because of the fact that I am a SPED major and it is in the top 50, but I felt it had a decent amount of valuable information as well. I enjoyed the section that was 'real advice from real people.' It stated that it is a good idea to have experience working with children with special needs before entering the field. I strongly believe this as well. Special education is a whole different world from general education. If you do not have experience, you are not going to know what you have gotten yourself into. For me, special needs is a passion, a way of life. I've known since I was little that I wanted to be a teacher, but it was not until I had the opportunity to work with children with special needs, four years ago, that I realized that this is what I was made for.

No comments:

Post a Comment